Twenty-two lawyers, including eight D.C. Superior Court magistrate judges, have applied to fill the vacancy created by retiring Superior Court Judge Rafael Diaz, the D.C. Judicial Nomination Commission announced this week.
The JNC is seeking public comment on the fitness of the applicants by no later than April 17. The JNC says any comment discussed with the applicant will not include the source of the comment. JNC commission members are here.
- Devarieste Curry (McLeod, Watkinson & Miller)
- Thomas DiBiase (Shapiro, Lifschitz and Schram)
- Mark Dubester (assistant U.S. attorney for the District of Columbia)
- Jeffrey Gutman (professor of clinical law at George Washington University Law School)
- Dorsey Jones Jr. (Law Offices of Dorsey Jones Jr.)
- Je Yon Jung (Justice Department, trial lawyer)
- Russell Kinner (Justice Department, civil division)
- Sharon Larkin (U.S. Government Accountability Office, deputy assistant general counsel)
- Richard Love (senior assistant attorney general for the D.C. Attorney General’s Office)
- Lloyd Nolan Jr. (Public Defender Service for the District of Columbia)
- Elizabeth Shapiro (Justice Department, civil division)
- Vytas Vergeer (Bread for the City, legal clinic director)